Updated: Jan 28, 2022
< 2021 Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees(GKS-G) in the Midwest >
1. Program Objectives
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea at graduate-level degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
2. Total Number of Grantees in the USA : 21 candidates including 4 for Overseas Korean adoptees, 2 for Research Program
3. Available Universities : 59 universities in Korea designated by NIIED
4. Available Degree Program : Doctoral Degree, Master's Degree, Research Program
Nationality : Applicants and their parents must hold non-Korean Citizenship.
Age : Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2021.
Degree Requirements : Applicants must hold or must be expecting to hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree by August 31, 2021.
Grades : An applicant must maintain the overall grade point of average(CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any ONE of the followings; [2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, 3.23 on a 5.0 scale, or score percentile(80% or above)]
Health : An applicant must be in a good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of degree.
- An applicant who has attained certified scores in TOPIK for their proficiency in Korean may be given preference.
- Descendents of the Korean War veterans will receive additional 5% of the total marks during the selection reviews.
- Applicants who apply for the majors in the field of Natural Science and Engineering may be given preference.
6. Required Documents
Applicant Form (Form 1)
Personal Statement (Form 2)
Statement of Purpose (Form 3)
Research Proposal (Form 4) ONLY applicable for Research Program applicants
Two letters of Recommendation (Form 5)
Letter of Invitation (Form 6) ONLY applicable for Research Program applicants
GKS Applicant Agreement (Form 7)
Personal Medical Assessment (Form 8)
Bachelor's/Master's Diploma or Certificate of Degree
Bachelor's/Master's degree Transcript
Applicant's Proof of Citizenship
Parents' Proof of Citizenship
* Please refer to the attached application guidelines for some other documents for relevant applicants to submit.
** Applicants must submit 1 set of original application documents and 3 sets of photocopies, identical to the original set. For sealed documents, such as transcripts, applicants must submit 4 identical documents, each sealed in a separate envelope. However, recommendation letters (1 original and 3 copies) can be put into one envelope as far as it is sealed.
*** Applicants in the Midwest(IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MI, MN, MI, NE, ND, SD, OH, WI) should submit the required application documents to the Chicago Korean Education Center (9935 Capitol Drive, Wheeling, IL 60090)
**** Current students refer to the states according to enrolled college/university, and others to the states of residence.)
7. Contact Information : email@example.com / 847-777-8830
8. Timeline of Application Procedure
Application Submission Deadline: March 12, 2021 (Friday), 5 PM CST
**All the required documents must be arrived by 5 PM (CST) on March 12th to Chicago Korean Education Center (9935 Capitol Drive, Wheeling, IL 60090) and any applications which arrive later will be discarded.
9. Please refer to the attached guidelines for detailed information.