GKS-G (Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees)
1. Program Objectives
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea at graduate-level degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
2. Period of Scholarship
◦ Master’s: 1 yr. of Korean language + 2 yrs of a degree program
◦ Doctoral: 1 yr. of Korean language + 3 yrs of a regular degree program
o Nationality: Applicants and their parents must not hold Korean Citizenship.
o Age: Applicants must be under 40 years of age.
o Degree Requirements: Applicants must hold or must be expecting to hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree
o Grades: An applicant must maintain the overall grade point of average(CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any ONE of the following;
[2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, 3.23 on a 5.0 scale, or score percentile(80% or above)]
o Health: An applicant must be in a good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of the program.
- An applicant who has attained certified scores in TOPIK for their proficiency in Korean may be given preference.
- Descendents of Korean War veterans will receive an additional 5% of the total marks during the selection reviews.
- Applicants who apply for the majors in the field of Natural Science and Engineering may be given preference.
4. Required Documents
o Applicant Form (Form 1)
o Personal Statement (Form 2)
o Study Plan (Form 3)
o Research Proposal (Form 4) ONLY applicable for Research Program applicants
o One letter of Recommendation (Form 5)
o Letter of Invitation (Form 6) ONLY applicable for Research Program applicants
o GKS Applicant Agreement (Form 7)
o Personal Medical Assessment (Form 8)
o Consent to Collect and Use Personal Information (Form 9)
o Bachelor's/Master's Diploma or Certificate of Degree
o Bachelor's/Master's degree Transcript
o Applicant's Proof of Citizenship
o Parents' Proof of Citizenship
5. Place of Submission for the Midwest USA applicants: The Chicago Korean Education Center, 9810 Capitol Drive, Wheeling, IL 60090
6. GKS-G official website: www.studyinkorea.go.kr -> Scholarships -> GKS Notice